We are very honored to have Farmer Piet Postma from the Netherlands announcing the our Reignite Farming initiative.
This initiative is to locate and support family-run grocery stores and markets as much as possible. Try to purchase locally grown products to support the farming and market communities in your area. If you live in the city, research what fresh produce is grown in your region.
As customers, it is critical that you support your farmers, the farming community and local farmer markets, by spending your money on products that will help boost your local economy. By choosing fresh produce that is either farmed locally, or at least in your country or region, you will be helping to keep your farmers in business, which will help your local communities and small businesses continue to thrive.
Some of you reading this might be thinking…where do I start with this? I don’t know what is locally grown or even where the family-run grocery stores are.
Everyone’s lifestyle and situation is different. All we ask is that you do your best with the options you have.
Here’s some tips;
- If you have time, research what is grown in your region.
- Source out your local family-run grocery or fruit and vegitable shops. Ask them which products are locally sourced and buy those products.
- Find out when the next market is in your area, and how often they are. Try to go as much as you can and buy enough fresh produce to last until the next market day.
- If you start conversation with the store owners or staff, tell them why you’re there and why you’re making the effort to shop there. It’s a great conversation starter and they’ll appreciate it.
Feel Free to
- Translate the text into your own language and edit subtitles into the video. The written content can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
- Download the video, edit it however you like, and add in your own face, voice, logo or message.
- You can access the logos, social media tiles and resources…scroll down.
- Be as creative as you want with ANYTHING we provide.